SMS One-Time Passwords
SMS Passwords are a one-time password sent by means of SMS (Short Messaging Service). We strongly recommend our members register for SMS One-Time Passwords if they choose to have an Internet Banking facility with Cairns Bank.
This will give you an extra layer of security and peace of mind knowing that your online accounts stay secure.
To register for SMS One-Time Passwords:
- Log into your Internet Banking online account
- Select MY PREFERENCES tab
- Select SECURITY SET-UP
- Select REGISTER FOR SMS PASSWORDS or;
- Contact the branch and we can talk you through the registration
Tips from ASIC
- Always keep your computer security up to date with anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and a good firewall. Only buy a computer and anti-virus software from a reputable source.
- Use your security software to run a virus check if you think your computer’s security has been compromised. If you still have doubts, contact your anti-virus software provider or a computer specialist.
- Secure your networks and devices, and avoid using public computers or Wi-Fi hotspots to access or provide personal information.
- Choose passwords and PINs that would be difficult for others to guess, and update them regularly. Do not save them on your phone or computer.
- Do not open attachments or click on links in emails or social media messages you’ve received from strangers – just press delete.
- Be wary of free downloads and website access, such as music, games, movies and adult sites. They may install harmful programs without you knowing.
- Do not use software that auto-completes online forms.